Anyone found a fixed headlight to replace the doomed Flip-ups.

I was wondering if anyone had tried (successfully) to replace the flip-up headlights with an aftermarket fixed setup? I'm seriously tired of having to remove and replace headlight parts. Also, people have a tendency to move to the right because they think I'm flashing at them.

While I may have more experience than most, I can remove and replace a headlight assembly in less than 15 minutes. It's not that big a deal.<P>The "jiggling" when they are up and on is a broken UP-STOP. Open the hood with the headlights closed. On the fender side of the headlight assembly you will see a white plastic hex hed screw. That screw is probably very loose. Further investigation will show that the plastic nut that is in the casting is broken or completely gone.<BR>Those plastic nuts are available at auto parts stores in blister packs. They are listed for #8 screws. Replace the nut, adjust the screw so it keeps the open headlight from "jiggling" and the problem is gone for another 10 years.

Also, if the bell crank is worn, but not totally gone, the assembly will "wiggle" while in motion. The bell crank assembly is also easy to replace. Once new bell cranks are installed and the up-stop is properly adjusted, you shouldn't have any more problems for about 10 years! Good Luck