made my decision

BUKE

Hi. everbody. Well i had to make up my mind today i guess i will have to fly to seattle. I had planed to drive my beloved 1940 centry but she said no.You see my wife and i took it to a show in albany NY just about 120mi for a dust off ride had a great time there but on the way back she got tired and crankey (not the wife)and blew her top.Yep you guessed it #1 piston . But she hates to be towed so she waited till we were closed to home.Ipulled her head off(outch) and it was all over #1 piston was stuck in the hole the rod and pin were diging a good size hole in the side of the hole.So nothing to do but pull her heart out and cry.When i finish taking it apart i found 5 more piston with small cracks.So i went to the best machine shop i know and cryed soom more (and it worked)he sleved #1 and boored out all the rest,polish the crank and cam and i thought i was on my way WRONG.by time the parts came time was running out when you are working on old cars i found it is not like your car parts store is down the street.The parts did come fast but some did not fit so hear it sits.I think she sits in my (her) garage next to a spoiled 1983 rev.and talkes about how she did not want to ride from one end rt90 to the other.Well just think of the fun she will miss seeing all of her cousins.Iwill take pictures but i won't show them to her till next year.Hope to see you all there.

Have a great BUICK DAY

FRANK

Guest imported_Thriller

Frank,

That's a bummer. At least you are still able to make it. If you want to make the Century jealous, you can sit in the '41...dual carb power wink.gif I had a similar thing back in 2003 hoping to have the '62 convertible driveable to go to Flint, but it didn't happen.

Frank,

I am really sorry to hear of your problem, but glad it happened closer to home. You can take some credit for doing a shake-down run that probably saved you lots of time and $$. I expect to see lots of prewar Buicks in Bellevue this year, so you will be in good company. Maybe you can bum a ride to the Thursday night root beer joint in a prewar Buick.

Thank Guy's.Iwill miss the road trip but there will a lot of miles and smiles to go.I talked my wife's brother into going with me so it will a good trip (he still owes me for takeing his sister off his handes 36yr ago) he can buy the beer.Well looking forward to the show and see some good old buick;s.

Frank

have a great BUICK day