frame numbers

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wild bill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've heard they destroyed the first 200, maybe thats why? </div></div> well that could be it i suppose but with your frame number and being a v 6..............dunno

In my VIN records for TC's I have a gap after 200385 until 200721, does anyone here have a TC with a VIN in between these?

As for the early build cars without woodgrain, 201366 is the last VIN I have without woodgrain trim and 201567 is the first VIN I have for a TC with the woodgrain trim. Anyone between these VINs that didn't add the wood trim themselves?

The last 1989 VIN I have a record of is 204453. Anyone with a higher VIN on an 89 TC?

No such luck. The month/year of production is on the driver's door jamb plaque. I only have a few entries on my sites database that include the build date from the door and none of them would match the month to the VIN. Last 6 digits of the VIN are the chassis number and all TC's start with 20. The last 4 differ by year. 5000 and 6000 series are from 1990, 7000 and 8000 are the 91's. Not sure about the last 16 valve produced with the 91's but titled as a 90 (white/bordeaux 5speed).

The first 200 may have been preproduction. As I remember last year from Reno, someone I was just talking to said the first 200 didn't make it out for sale. Testing maybe? Does anyone know where any of the first 200 are? My vin is 00231.