Adjusting passenger side window?

Guest wally888

Guest wally888

I have a window that needs to raise a little farther. Have Manual, will read. Anything I should know, not in Manual, re. removing the inside panel and adjusting the window?

There are 2 stop tabs near the top of the window. Remove the door panel and the strip next to the window at the top that is held in with 5 Phillips screws. Removing this strip is just so you can see down inside the window area. When you look inside you will see 2 stopping tabs a couple of inches down at either end of the window. Lower your window a little and loosen the # 10 bolts on the adjusters on the inside of the door and then raise the window to the desired height and then retighten the stoppers.<BR>Jim

Guest wally888

Jim. Thanks for the help. Everything went smooth. The rear up stop was within 1/8" of fully up. The front I could have raised almost an inch.<BR> Will try the new adjustment and if I need the rear up a little more I could use a rat tail or drill bit to raise the adjusting slot??<BR> I have removed a few door panel before, always broke some catches, etc., but lucked out this time. Somebody beat me tuit.<BR> While I was playing around I removed the plate and cover on the drivers side door panel. Every Reatta I have owned has begun to tear at the rear, inward corner of this plate.<BR> I managed to push the fabric, plastic inward and put several staples ( 5/8 inch) there. Maybe the tear won't progress. I guess a form of stop drilling might also work.