1928 Plymouth Hood Latch or Catch

Guest 28 Plymouth cpe.

Guest 28 Plymouth cpe.

I am looking for the hood catches or latches which hold the hood to the closed position. The latch is spring loaded and the catch is on the hood. The latch mounts on the fender with two bolts. I am told it is the 1 finger style versus the two finger style like the jeep uses. Anyone have 4 for sale. Thanks

Guest 28 Plymouth cpe.
Got a photo of an example? I may have some. I will look today.

Hi, I do have two pictures of the original. From the top of the base obove the hinge part to the top of the flat area of the catch is 3 1/2 inches tall. To the top of the pull is close to 4". Thanks and let me know.

post-38001-14314174362_thumb.jpg

post-38001-143141743636_thumb.jpg

There is one similar to one of those under "1931 DeSoto" on Ebay right now. http://www.ebay.com/itm/1931-32-PLYMOUTH-PA-1931-DESOTO-31-CHRYSLER-HOOD-PULL-/111010265452?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19d8ba396c&vxp=mtr

Mine are slightly different and I cannot seem to find the extras I had.

post-37352-143141745044_thumb.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

Guest 28 Plymouth cpe.
There is one similar to one of those under "1931 DeSoto" on Ebay right now. 1931 32 Plymouth PA 1931 DeSoto 31 Chrysler Hood Pull | eBay

Mine are slightly different and I cannot seem to find the extras I had.

The picture you have of yours are pretty similar. Thanks for taking the time to look. I will keep searching.

I will check out the ebay ad. Thanks again.

Guest 28 Plymouth cpe.
Do your front latches have a band like this one, instead of a rod?.......

The ones on the car are the wrong ones. Must have been replaced some time later with the twin style handle type.

I bought a box of 28 Plymouth parts in a box from a guy and one latch was in it that he said came off the car. It is the

picture that I posted. It has the rod not the flat. Do you know if the top part of the latch was cadmium plated when it

was new or painted black to match the fenders?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest 28 Plymouth cpe.
My 29U has the "rod" and I believe are attached with original rivets to fenders. Please see the "34 Parts List. It looks as if these were a fairly standard part for various models through the years. OR the later models FIT the earlier ones. frank

Thanks for digging up that information. I do have a Chrysler Corp. Master Dealer parts catalog that fits years 1929-1939. all models. I never thought to look in there to see if that part fits other models and years. Will see if it shows pictures or just the part number. Thanks

• 2 months later...
Guest Dennisks

post-93407-143141898018_thumb.jpg

Here are pictures of the correct Hood latches. I just finished restoring my 1928 4 Door Sedan

Hope this helps you

post-93407-143141898015_thumb.jpg