Chevrolet 1935

Juha Paavo Kaita

I disagree with West. The 1935 hood ornament rose at an angle, and the 1936 ornament was strictly horizontal. This looks to be angled to me. Also <span style="font-style: italic">75 Years of Chevrolet</span> says that the steel spoke wheels were new for 1935, although they obviously carried over to 1936 as well. It also says that both years had optional sidemount spares, but that they were increasingly rare and old fashioned by 1936. I think it most likely is a 1935.

If you have any other pictures, the easiest way to tell between the two (besides differing grilles) is the front door. It opened "suicide" fashion in 1935 (rear hinged), and was front hinged afterwards.

I was wrong. I didn't realize the steel wheels were available in 1935. I know the wires were still available as options in 1936. As to the front-opening front doors, this was a feature on the Master Series in 1935. The Deluxe Series had rear-opening doors. This looks to be a Master, judging by the running-board trim and the fact that sidemounts were not available on the Deluxe Series.