Hi folks.... don't know much on these early Fords.... I assume this is

a NOS Model A crank shaft. Am I close ? I see these sell restored in the

neighborhood of $400... once again am I close ? I hope so I need to buy

a cheep used laptop this week.... will consider trades :)</P>

[image]http://www.inap.biz/sheds/jh/parts/cbd_crankshaft.jpg" ALIGN=

"BOTTOM[/image]

</BODY>

</HTML>

Greenish blue paint would not have been a factory preservative, perhaps regrinder or someone else. On that, is it standard journal size? A micrometer should show 1 1/4". The picture will not come up for me again but I remember that it seemed to have 2 faint marks as rings around the shaft say 1/4" and 3/4" from the gear toward the pin hole end. If there, they would be from the crankcase seal. Also look for bolt head marks ( rings around the holes) on 4 of the holes in the back flange ( inboard, journal side) where the flywheel bolts would have been installed. Hope this helps.

Update.... I bought my first micrometer. I've had two people now tell me this is a Model T.... so Model T it must be. Not to throw a wrench into the discussion but I don't have a lot of spare cash and bought a new digital one from Harbor Freight. Going on this.... we have 1.23 all the way across on all journals. My pal is a GM mechanic and tells me that all journals seem to be consistant all the way across each one (no dips) and since there is greenish paint on the gear teeth I'd say it's been reworked. The shaft came from a old parts manager who had a slew of different things in his shed...!

1 1/4" would be 1.250", subtract what you read

1.23 leaves

_______

.020" commomly stated as 20 thousandths.

This is a standard size for regrinding and it would seem that is what you have, a reground crankshaft ready for installation.

A good place to try to sell would either be an ad on e-bay with Model T Ford in the title OR an ad on the free web classified ads at MTFCA.com ( Model T Ford Club of America). For you the problem with the free ad at MTFCA is the buyers will be expecting you to set a price, at e-bay the market sets the price ( you can have a reserve of course) and you may be disappointed or thrilled!