88 Buick Reatta - Fuel filter

Guest IXLOR8

Guest Greg Ross

Probably find it nearer the tank on the drivers' side on the inside of the rear sub-frame. Was located forward under the drivers' footwell '90 and onward I believe.

Harry: Good news you are not crazy. Well, at least no more than the rest of us. The filter on my 89 was mounted for the left side rail by the drivers door. It was very hard to see and work with, but that's where it was on mine. I hope I don't have to change it again anytime soon.

Guest Greg Ross

Harry,

Mine is an early '88, perhaps they changed along the way. When I replaced my rear suspension I got the fuel tank off the same '90 Reatta. I had already had the bad experience with the fittings on the fuel filter so went on the hunt for fittings to suit the newer style on the new tank. These were quick connect type male/ female fittings. What I ended up doing was ordering the complete fuel line harness for a '91 Riviera. All plastic, no corrosion, no filter removal problems again thankfully.

And the fuel filter was definitely at the rear of my car, I'm pretty sure? confused.gif