Query re 56 vacuum wiper washer fluid pump construction

56 Buick

Hmmm, so the washer fluid pump inside the washer bottle was not working so I took it out and released the 2 halves of the main body and the spring and other bits flew everywhere - I know I should have been ready as I knew there was a spring inside but in my defence I had no idea it was that big! 

Anyway, I am hoping I have subsequently remedied the issue stopping the pump from operating but of course I am now not exactly sure how the insides of the main body are configured. 

I have attempted to find some exploded view or similar on the Web or the Shop Manual but I have had no luck.

When I opened up the main body, the parts that went flying and that I have found are:

1. a large metal spring about 6 inches long; and

2. a clear plastic rod about 2.5-3 inches long with a disc shaped base at one end; 

3. a small metal spring.

First of all I am hoping I have all the parts and I have not missed picking some part up off the floor?

Secondly, can someone please confirm:

1. the small spring fits onto the plastic rod at the end opposite to the rod's disc end; and

2. the rod then sits into the bottom half of the pump body with the disc end at the bottom and the small spring pointing up;

3. the large metal spring then sits over the rod before the top and bottom halves of the pump body are again connected?

Thanks

Drew

Edited by 56 Buick (see edit history)