GSX Feature at MCACN Show in Chicago Nov 17-18, 2018

I've attended this show for the last several years now, and don't plan on missing any in the future.  The Muscle Car and Corvette National Show is a Who's Who of performance cars.  Each show has several feature displays for those special groups of cars that deserve the recognition.  This year, there is a feature on the 70-72 GSX. 

Taken from their website:

This special display puts the spotlight on the wild Buick GSX models. Certainly not your typical Buick, These cars, produced in low numbers from 1970-72, were the wildest Buicks ever to leave Flint. With the Saturn Yellow and Apollo White versions in 1970 offering 455 cubic inches of muscle, they demanded respect. Flowing up with the '71 and '72 versions, they certainly earned the respect that continues to this day.

https://www.mcacn.com/

Among the X's in attendance, the one-and-only 70 GSX show car (known as the Prototype) will be on display.  Also, the only known black 71 GSX will be there. 

I've been challenged to get a 72 GSX ready for this show, and it is no easy task.  Some of you are following my progress on Facebook or on v8buick.com ...so I will spare the details.  Regardless of completion, we will have it there for representation of the 1972 model year.  This particular car, aside from being only one of 44 X's produced in 72,  is a Stage1 4 speed.  One of only TWO built with this combination.  The other one is MIA.  It's a real privilege to be able to work on this car.  I can't wait for the show!

IMG_0291.jpg

IMG_0296.jpg

• Like 6

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Adam

the workmanship on the red X was nothing short of spectacular! as was the entire display of Buick GSX's

Dr Ajesh Parikh did the coordination of bring this display to reality and should be proud. 

To to anyone who has not attended this show in Chicago, it really is a must see event as the cars are from all makes and truly each one is unique.

• Like 3