Model T era panel truck door?

STAYGOLD

Hello, 

I would like to see if I could find out some information on this really old door.

It had a really old tag on it, with faded-out writing that reads "Model T Door." Not sure if that's correct or not, but it is of that era.

The door measures 50-1/4" tall and it is 21-3/8" wide. Sheet metal over a wood frame.

Also has a unique sliding window in it, not mechanical, just slides within a track on the inside of the door.

I've tried to search Google for a picture comparison, but haven't had any luck.

I don't know if it is a side door from a vehicle, or one of the two rear doors from a panel or delivery style truck.

Any information on the identification would be great.

Thanks!

IMG_0550.JPG

IMG_0554.JPG

IMG_0556.JPG

The tough part of ID'ing this door is the fact that in this era there were dozens, if not hundreds, of small companies building truck bodies for Model T chassis.

The simplicity of this door's construction and the common nature of its hardware suggests to me that this was one produced by one of those small builders and that the chances of ID'ing it are going to be pretty slim.

The window just sliding in the track is not all that unusual, but is there some evidence of a way to hold it in partially open or fully closed positions?

Thanks for your reply... I figured it wouldn't be an easy one to ID.

As for the question on the sliding window frame... the only thing I can see to help hold the window partially opened or fully closed would be a spring in the track. The spring on one side of the frame is actually exposed in the picture on the left-hand side...

The most this could do would be to add some extra pressure on the frame to keep it in-place. The window frame is still quite snug in the track... partially from the springs and the other part from surface rusting.

Thanks again.