Red, white, and blue reattas update

Eclectic1

At last notice, I had convinced myself that the engine knock in my latest Reatta purchase, the white '91 coupe with 36,000 miles, was a harmonic balancer.  I had It towed straight to my mechanic and bought a new balancer. The mechanic soon pointed  out the error in my optimism, directing my attention to the hammered spun rod bearing and damaged crankshaft.  I returned the harmonic balancer.

Great good fortune has befallen me,  I like to think it's good karma, as I am a lifelong Buddhist.

I have purchased a tested and warranted '91 engine from Fair Auto Dismantlers in Denver for $600.  The wrecked car has only 80K, and is fairly stripped, but has a very nice red interior should anybody be interested.  I'm getting the CD player.  

Fair Auto Dismantlers had several Reattas in years past,  but this is their last one.  Waiting for me!

I will now endeavor to remove the blown engine, with all of its low mileage components for use as spares. I will attempt to learn the name and function of each engine component in the process. Now I understand my compulsion to buy air tools!  I am seeking mentors and generally encouragement,  as I have never done an engine swap.

I'm planning to attend the Buick Nationals in Denver in June, where I hope to sell my Blue/Blue  '91 coupe with 50K,  to the highest bidder.  I'm looking forward to meeting other Reatta enthusiasts and seeing their cars