1933 FDR Inauguration Car

silverton_ford

I noticed this Lincoln in the 1933 FDR Presidential inauguration. 

Video: 

At 1 minute 10 seconds of the video it appears to be Herbert Hoover getting in a 1933 Lincoln KB 7 passenger sport touring.

and this video:  

at 1 minute 18 seconds from a different angle.   Then again a 1 minute 31 seconds the car is driving.

Lincoln built 6 of these 1933 KB V12 7 passenger sport touring cars.

Research from years ago at the Henry Ford museum says the presidential fleet had a blue car.  It could be a good possibility that this video footage is of the blue car.  Does anyone have any more information about this car?

Thank you.

• Like 1

After doing a Google search I came across these two cars; a black one and a green one.

The black one sold in 2010 at Mecum for $375,000.   Beautiful car, but a few things are not correct.  Seems to be too much chrome under the hood and the dash has too much chrome.  Regardless, it is a beautiful car.   Here is the Mecum page:  https://www.mecum.com/lots/SC0512-126515/1933-lincoln-kb-phaeton/

ln1933kb7passengerphaeto51235339.jpg

This Green one is in the Classic Car Club of America Museum in Hickory Corners, Michigan.

Image result for Classic car club of america museum 1933 lincoln kb

I am not sure if either of these cars were at the FDR inauguration in 1933.  I don't believe these are them.  Does anyone out there know more information?

Thank you.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The Hoover 1932 Cadillac V-16 was in California for many years unrestored, but I am told it has sold and been restored. The later Lincoln of 1936 or 1937 in dark blue was restored back in the late 80’s in the DC area. I thought I had info on the car used in FDR’s first inaugural parade, but haven’t come across it yet. I have an invitation, a program, a ticket, and the actual Presidential Lap Robe with the Presidential Crest on it used by Hoover and FDR for the parade. He used the same lap robe to cover his legs (to hide the leg braces) for several years until they changed the Seal, and then a new brown robe was made and used till 1940. 

• Like 2