richierich152

richierich152

Welcome, there are many people here that will help you in your project.  If I may I suggest you go back and edit your post, take you name out of the title and put in something like "1948 intake manifold needed".  Start a second post with "1948 "interior and trim".

Also list both of the posts above under "Parts Wanted" at the beginning 5 below "General Discussion".

If someone is just skimming the posts or doing a search having your name as "title" will not catch their eye.

Good luck with your project. Pontiacs are great cars and the straight eight is an excellent engine.  My Grandfather's 1930 Pontiac has been my daily driver since 1959 and now has 500,000 miles on it.  If you have half as much fun/enjoyment from yours as I have had with mine you will have a fantastic time. 

You should join http://www.poci.org/

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

For upholstery you could try SMS Auto Fabrics in Oregon.  I have a '40 Pontiac and they matched the factory fabric perfectly!  Of course there's LaBaron Bonney interiors which is widely known never worked with them before.  If you are talking a dual carburetor set up for your straight 8 that's going to be a challenge.  I don't believe there was a factory set up and if there was you're probably going to have a very hard time finding one.  Aftermarket units are scarce! Join POCI and or ETC.  Etc will focus on Pontiacs that have flathead straight 6's & 8's.