Close Ratio Steering Gear

fatbuick

Hi guys,

I bought a couple of steering boxes a few years ago from this guy and wondering if anyone knows if he's still in business. His email bounces and I haven't had any luck calling him yet.

Failing that, if you know someone that can help with a 15:1 steering box for a 71 and 67, please let me know.

Have tried the two in the Riview, the small ad is a waste of time trying to sell me AT&T services and sounds like a scam and Lares Corp haven't answered any of the questions I've asked.

53 minutes ago, fatbuick said:

Hi guys,

I bought a couple of steering boxes a few years ago from this guy and wondering if anyone knows if he's still in business. His email bounces and I haven't had any luck calling him yet.

Failing that, if you know someone that can help with a 15:1 steering box for a 71 and 67, please let me know.

Have tried the two in the Riview, the small ad is a waste of time trying to sell me AT&T services and sounds like a scam and Lares Corp haven't answered any of the questions I've asked.

I was going to use this "son & pop shop" to sport my existing box when the dismantle time came.

Its their specialty. They had some good U tube vids posted and would convert your existing box or sell you one off the shelf. Seems like a legit operation.

They would build you the ratio you want.

This is just one ad:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/QUICK-RATIO-POWER-STEERING-BOX-CHEVELLE-SKYLARK-CUTLASS-GTO-CAMARO-NOVA-IMPALA/322900067762?hash=item4b2e5805b2:g:zLQAAOSwGW9XPgj3&vxp=mtr

Please let us know if it works out.

s-l500.jpg

Edited by PWB (see edit history)

As I understand it, the issue with converting a box to 15:1 is the availability of the parts needed to do so.  There are parts galore for the smaller 600 box used on the Chevelle, etc., but the larger 800 box as used on the Riviera is a different animal altogether.  Are the shaft and gear interchangeable between the two?

A lot of folks suggest using the 16:1-13:1 variable ratio box as a substitute for the 15:1 fixed ratio box, as it's widely available.

• Like 1