Parts

gebo

Hi,
Many thanks for your response. It was very helpful to me. I think I will not make the purchase. I already have two cars. The spare parts procurement there is also difficult. I do not need a vehicle where the replacement parts are hard to come by.
Gebo

I did not mean to discourage you. Part of the fun/adventure of our hobby is the successful search, discovery, and obtaining parts for our "project." My experience is with top end very rare cars, for which I have several. In my experience, parts and support from type clubs for pre chrome plated cars (yes, that's my dividing line, about 1927) is scant at best. Of course, being rare makes the search harder. Because I also restore early and rare airplanes, I have learned how to make parts when no source exists. That is also part of the game.

I believe my object is to protect the cars we have so that the next generation may enjoy them. For we are not owners, just stewards of our cars.

Hi SSmcDonald,
thank you for your message. My problem is that I am at home in Germany. Spare parts for these vehicles are not available in Germany. I can not buy parts on a parts market. I always have to buy from a dealer in the USA. The last dealer called for a package of 1 kilogram, $ 70. I find that very much. I have 2 American pre-war cars and I do not feel like having problems anymore. I do not want to buy a third problem now.
The last sentence of your article is a very good sentence
Wish you a good time.
The last sentence of your post is a very good sentence.
Gebo