*UPDATE* Buick 23-4-39 article and question to the forum.

DaveAspi

It's been quite awhile since I have posted anything regarding my 23-4-39.

I found a good article about my Buick from this years Goodguys Del Mar Nationals- check this link:

http://www.streetmusclemag.com/features/car-features/dave-aspinalls-untouched-all-original-1923-buick-model-39/

I want the opinion from members of this forum on my next step.

I have been preserving this gem to best of my abilities, but age and time ( the car not me ) are creeping in on my preservation.

i live by the beach, so that doesn't help either. 

I do a little wipe down and maybe a light polish whenever I show her- each time taking a bit more of the original paint with it.

Well, the paint is getting VERY sparse in spots now, and if I continue as practiced it may ALL be gone soon.

Patina is good, but now what? If you have read the article, you will note that my Buick sits in ALL original 1923 condition.

My question to you all is- what do I do to protect from any more loss of original paint?

i have done my best to preserve the brass, copper and nickle, would it be OK to preserve what's left of the original paint with a light clear coat spray? This would not "enhance" it or "restore" it. But, by trying to preserve what is left of the paint effect it's ordinality by clear coating to stop anymore paint loss? What should be done?

Again, not looking to restore, just preserve what is left of my paint.

Thanks, Dave

image.jpeg

• Thanks 1