standard six wanted list

if anyone has any manuals, literature, or spare parts for 29 Erskine, or 26 standard six, (or compatible years), I am interested.

I have been purchasing a few things from ebay, and have bought items from members on this forum.  I would rather purchase from this forum members if it helps us out!

thanks - terry

well the list is gonna start - for the 26 standard six

just checked and I need the headlight switch that is mounted out on the end of the steering gearbox, or at least the gear on the end of the switch that makes the 90' turn from steering column lever to rotate the headlight switch.  probably going to be a needle in a haystack!

my 29 Erskine is coming along nice, I don't think I need too much for it!

I gotta get some pictures posted!

Robert, I understand what your saying about the Erskine and 1926, I have the two cars, so that's what I meant by looking for stuff for both cars.  I would be interested to know what parts you have, and what manuals you have, originals or reprints?

thanks - terry

Terry

Where are you located?

I have a 38.000 Sq/ft warehouse in Joliet Illinois full of pats from 29 former Studebaker dealers.

Herman Hersch from Sasco would call me when a dealership was closing and the parts

inventories were being scrapped.

Richard Quinn also alerted me to several inventories for sale 

I am a hoarder who hates to see good stuff being scrapped.

My son had an opportunity to buy an old car manufacturing plant built in 1908 that produced the Economy Motor Cars.

I kept hauling more and more parts to save them.

The cost of real estate taxes and insurance is barely covered by the sale of parts but the satisfaction and help from my friends is gratifying .I will turn 81 in October and have health issues .(stroke , triple bypass ,diabetes) but I am married to one of the good ones.

She has always supported my strange hoarding.

Everyone is invited to stop by and see the collection.

I have some steering columns from the twenties and will look for the light switch and gear.

Robert Kapteyn

112 Bissel street

Joliet Il.

studebaker@mac.com

• Like 2

Robert, thank God for people like you!

I wish I had time and storage to save parts like what you are doing.

I am from Neustadt, Ontario, Canada.

I wish I was close to you, with my two projects, id be living in your parts storage!

my dad trucks through the states constantly, maybe I can get him to stop in sometime!

I would be glad to know if you have a complete headlight switch assembly for my standard six.  I was thinking that if the gears are the same that mesh and rotate the switch, I could take the one off the end of the steering column and get another cast for the end of the switch shaft. ill  be able to check that out when my parts manual reprint arrives.

thanks - terry