Spot the difference

rodneybeauchamp

Can you spot the difference between these before and after photos showing changes made to the interior of my 1963 Riviera? These two photos show it as I bought it. The next two show it as it was until recently. Next post shows it now finished. Can you see any differences, answers in the next post too!

image.png

image.png

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

This is the interior finished. If you look closely you can spot the small green LED on the right hand side of the radio dial, part of Aurora Designs AM/FM/MP3/USB Bluetooth upgrade to the Sonomatic push button unit. Deep Purples "Highway Star" sounds awesome.

USB input cable feeds through the console and sits neatly in the accessory box, easy to get to but still hidden. AM/FM switch sits alongside the steering colum, easy to get to, but unobtrusive.

Oh, and the wood grain inserts from Bob Scanlan at Classic Auto Veneer really give it the look I wanted. Bobs help and service was truly amazing with his help in providing the extra wood grain material needed to cover the gauge surround. His inserts are first class and fit perfectly.

Well, hope you like it, I love it..... Gotta love ya Riv?

Rodney from down under

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 2

Goodness!

What a gorgeous dash upgrade.

Nice work. I put new capacitors in my radio. Don't know if it made a difference. :mellow:

I'll bet you get nice reception.

New carpet?

Mats:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1961-1975-Buick-Floor-Mats-Red-with-Tri-Shield-FM615SR-/182339301145?fits=Make%3ABuick&hash=item2a7444ef19:g:IGsAAOSw8gVX5VZJ&vxp=mtr

s-l225.jpg

Edited by PWB (see edit history)