1933 Chrysler Royal 8 cracked exhaust manifold

Hello all,

my father and I are looking into a 1933 Chrysler Royal 8 and we're pretty serious about it. The one major issue that is has is the exhaust manifold is leaking between cylinders 3 and four on the main part of the manifold. It was patched, poorly, in the past with some material and a hose clamp.

My questions are, what are some ways to repair it, and if anyone out there has one? Also, does anyone know if a '33 Imperial manifold, the 298 straight eight, would fit on the Royal's 273 straight 8?

Any help would really be appreciated.

Thanks in advance. Vintagecarguy.

• 2 weeks later...

Any competent welder can repair cracked cast iron. If you can remove the manifold and bring it to the weld shop it shouldn't be too costly of a job. Good Luck!

On 6/16/2017 at 3:07 PM, GregLaR said:

Any competent welder can repair cracked cast iron. If you can remove the manifold and bring it to the weld shop it shouldn't be too costly of a job. Good Luck!

4 hours ago, Hudsy Wudsy said:

Cast iron can be welded with much greater success than at one time. Take it to a competent welder and ask questions.

GregLaR and Hudsy Wudsy, thank you both for the information. Unfortunately, the car sold the same day I looked at it.

I really appreciate your help!

Thanks again. Vintagecarguy.

• Like 1