Valve adjustment on a 33 Rockne10 - big deal

or easy fix?

we rebuild the carb and fuel pump already, do timing setup, installed new spark plugs,

dizzy cap and pointer, new ignition wiring, now engine Starts easily and runs smooth,

but i feel we should adjust the valves too.

there is a Noise i hope it comes from valves. Hopefull its not the crank bearing...

are there any special tools required or is this a easy fix?

is there a how to do online?

I came forward with these step by step project, get the car licensed today!

thank you

joe

Adjusting the valve clearances on the Rockne is not very hard, but it can be a bit tricky to reach the valve lifters nearest the carb. If you have some tappet spanners it will make the job much easier but it is possible to adjust the valves with regular spanners. You might need to grind down one of the spanners a bit though, when using regular spanners.

The tappet clearances is as follows, quoted from the Service Specifications and Adjustment manual for the Rockne:

"The recommended valve tappet clearances are: Hot - Exhaust .006", Intake .004"; Cold - Exhaust .007", Intake .004". Hot is considered approximately 150 degrees F or after the engine is thoroughly warmed up. Cold is considered as Room Temperature. Valve clearance should not be sacrificed to obtain quietness of operation.

• Like 1