Power Seat Inop

Paul G

Hello,  I just purchased a 89 TC 16v.   Just going through it to clean it up, checking bulbs, etc. and found that the passenger power seat is not working.  I can hook up a 12v power supply to the recliner connector and the recliner functions unfortunately I cannot get to the other connector and cannot remove the seat because it is in the most aft position and have no access to i/b aft nut.  the other thing I have noticed is that the cigar lighter, aft lamp on the console and rear defroster are not working as well. gone through the service manual and tried to trace wiring harnesses without much luck. I'm thinking that this is a wire harness issue but at a lost.  any ideas?

Thanks

Paul

Something that has worked for me very well is (if you are able to) lift up the console woodgrain cover, and switch the connector plug from the passenger switch to the drivers seat switch-assuming that the drivers seat switch  works. This takes some finesse' to keep from breaking stuff, but has gotten me out of the jam that you are now in. Plus, you'll find all kinds of neat stuff down in the console, such as change, credit cards, and other lost items from previous owners when you do it!

Mensanguy,

I did take the driver side seat out (works fine) and the console (didn't find much just two Bic lighters and an extra screw that the factory left in there) I swapped switches and the passenger seat still does not work. Not getting any current to the switch....

Thanks

Paul