1931 Pontiac emergency brake handle

Hi. I´m new to this forum to day.

I am in need for the tooth disc on the emergency/ park brake handle on my 1931 Pontiac Coupe.

If anyone have one to sell me?

If not, I was hoping someone maybe could take a picture. I cant find any picture on the internet.

If I had a picture, maybe I could make it myself.

Thanks to any suggestions :-)

Series 6-30B and 401 are the same so you have a slightly larger source.  That is any late 1930 or 1931 are the same.  As long as the car has Hotchkiss drive.  More specifically do you need the pawl that is on the lever or the segment that is on the transmission?

Welcome to the forum. You will find out that TinIndian is the man on here for the older Pontiacs. Just a wealth of knowledge. He has helped me immensely on my 1929. Post pictures of your car when you can. Love seeing the older ones.

• Like 1

Hot damn you're good.  Looks like it will work fine.  When you find your brake handle could you sketch and measure the spring for me.  Mine broke and flew off in many pieces.  I have cobbled together a spring that works, sort of, with some idea of the original I could make one.  Your car looks great.

Thank you Tinindian.

My new segment has been tested and works just fine.

Sorry to tell you that I dont have the spring. That was my next question. I dont even know where it should be sitting.

If I can find out the messurment of the spring I sure will get back to you.

More pictures for you.  The spring is between the fixed and movable part of the handbrake lever. It is the red spring you can just see in the picture. The two page picture shows the spring as #5.  This book is 6" by 9", brown in colour titled "PONTIAC SIX Repair Parts List" it is the sixth edition and for 1930.  Obviously there are some differences but if you could ever find one it would be a good reference,  This is the only one I have seen in 58 years but since buying it I have noticed many of them for other makes so there are some around I am sure.  It would never replace a real parts book but the illustrations are great.

2 copy.jpg

4 copy.jpg

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Tinindian.

I tried to make the spring today. Out of a spring in a starter solenoid. But it did't turn out the way I hoped. So I bougt a spring to a Chevy to night. It will take a week or so til I get it, since it has to come from your side of the sea :-)

When I get, I will see how it fit, and get back to you.

Edited by 41customolds (see edit history)