My "new" 52 F3

Guest Brucekoukalaka

Guest Brucekoukalaka

1JPG.JPG.47e1aa31b4bf5766cd35a8c7063d96d5.JPG4.JPG.6f112185f436acbae633c6c4ebc0d7df.JPG2.JPG.1a8135efa50abdab10c732dfa67f3c6e.JPGI recently traded a 1962 Mercury unibody pickup truck for a '52 F3 and I'm more than happy with myself. First the Merc, of which I paid nothing for, was in sad shape floor, cab, and engine were all very bad, engine was seized, floors did not exist and the body had holes in the doors, box, and even some places that I couldn't even find. I found the F3 online and the ad stated "willing to trade for a 1960s era truck." I called him up and asked about it and he lives about an hour away and would be interested in coming up on the weekend to look mine over. He fell in love with the Merc and we agreed to trade, he had a trailer and was willing to deliver the F3 and pick up the Merc the next weekend. Now I'm chomping at the bit to work on this gem and have it running by my 60th birthday just over a year and a half away. granted the engine in this is also stuck but they are easily freed up for the most part. I also have a couple friends that rebuild flatties for a living and they both have offered to help out whenever I need it. The cab is in excellent condition and the floors have no rot in them at all. She is about 95% complete (only things missing are 3 original rims, the rear window, and the ashtray.) I even have a pair of hubcaps that belong to it. I also need new glass all around but again I have friends that work in the business to come to my aid when needed. 

1JPG.JPG

4.JPG

2.JPG

Edited by Brucekoukalaka (see edit history)