1939 Ford radio Philco F1640

Philco Transitone F1640 radio.  Used in 1939 Fords.  Receiver box only, no head, cables, or speaker.  Everything seems to be in the box  and looks good but I have no idea what it would take to get it working.  $100 USD + shipping from Canada. 

I also have most of a Philco C1550  (37 Chrysler) that perhaps could be used for parts if necessary  $50 USD + shipping.

PhilcoF1640-4.JPG

PhilcoF1640-2.JPG

PhilcoF1640-5.JPG

PhilcoF1640-6.JPG

PhilcoF1640-3.JPG

• 4 months later...

Hi from Norway,

Do you still have the Philco C-1550 radio? Please provide photos - do you also have the controls?  I have US shipping address and Paypal, or US family will send cheque/MO.

I basically need the cabinet/speaker only, as Norway has now switched to DAB+ .  Removing the interior radio components will save a lot of shipping weight and cost.
I need to rebuild with FM/DAB+ receiver unit.

Best regards,

Ole Christian

Radio.jpg

• 5 years later...
6 hours ago, Robert Ballard said:

Is the Philco F1640 still looking for a home?  If so, please let me know as I have an original '39 coupe that someone has gutted the radio many years ago and I would love to make it whole again.  Thanks.

I'll have to take a look.  It was a few years ago and I can't remember if I sold it or not.  I'll get back to you.

Peter

8 hours ago, Robert Ballard said:

Is the Philco F1640 still looking for a home?  If so, please let me know as I have an original '39 coupe that someone has gutted the radio many years ago and I would love to make it whole again.  Thanks.

Sorry, I don't have it anymore.  I do have a late thirties General Motors Autoradio if anyone needs that.     Peter