need mechanic

shelbyone

I called 8 places to get a quote to install front struts&strut mounts on my 1990 TC...

4 told me, they dont know the car and they dont want to work on it

2 hung up on me

2 gave me ridiculous quotes...$360 to install 2 struts plus 110 for alignment..

I almost feel like doing it myself again..

does ANYONE know a shop in the LA area that works on TC's and does have normal prices??

please let me know

Where in Los Angeles are you?   I have mechanics in Canoga Park that work on my 16V.

I got shocks and struts at Pep Boys.  It was Black Friday and I got an amazing deal.  It cost $150 installed.

I went to pepboys.com  and entered the car.  It came back with Monroe or KYB.  I picked Monroe.  They are good but I might try KYB next time.

I know there's a bunch of us that hate it, but don't tell them it's a Maserati...tell them it's a LeBaron. I know...it's *NOT*, but the suspension work is ALL the exact same!

The only other thing I can think is that I know shop time has gone up in cost quite a bit, so it's not unusual to be spending $90-110/hr shop time anymore!

Pep Boys had a special - strut installation for $44.99.

On another note, I had turbo lag and TwinCamFan said it is most likely the exhaust.

I took it in Friday night.   Don't know when I'll get it back. 

They said parts are about $500. 

It is also difficult to shift.  I would like them to look at it but 1 thing at a time.

Guest EmmettTC
9 hours ago, RTW said:

Pep Boys had a special - strut installation for $44.99.

On another note, I had turbo lag and TwinCamFan said it is most likely the exhaust.

I took it in Friday night.   Don't know when I'll get it back. 

They said parts are about $500. 

It is also difficult to shift.  I would like them to look at it but 1 thing at a time.

How much turbo lag constitutes "turbo lag"?

I can't quantify right now since it is in the shop, but there is a pause.  The exhaust is original and hasn't been touched.  It failed smog twice before passing.  It's worth a try to replace the exhaust.  I already replaced the BOV and the computer.   Is there something else you think should be looked into?  As you can tell, I don't know much about cars,  mechanically.  I am open to suggestions.  I want to see if the exhaust helps first.