Parking brakes on a 38 with juice brakes

Beltfed

Well, actually the 38 and earlier did have a parking brake.  But, the parking brake shared the same cable to the rear as the foot brake.  They were tied together buy a rotating shaft that connected to both.  So when you change over to hydraulic brakes you need to add the parking brake. Yeah I know, it's 1938 and Ford and its sister company are still using cable brakes.  We've all heard the stories about Henry and his resistance to change.  Some guys are just fine with the cable system but I now own a cell phone, computer, and a couple of LED televisions but no car trailer.

Never thought of it that way but yes indeed, you really do.  Maybe, just maybe, if my car buddies didn't tell me that I dive my old cars like I stole them, I would have kept the cables.  Also, my father-in-law after bomber service in WWII, got a job repairing aircraft on the coast of Mississippi.  He drove a '37 Ford back and forth to East Tennessee on weekends.  His horror stories about those brakes were firmly implanted in my brain.