1930 Series 40 Parts

tomsupon1

As I understand the situation,  trim for the rear window originally consisted of a piece of wood in the shape of the window that was covered in headliner fabric.  I found some small pieces of wood in my car which I believe to be just that.  I am planning to recreate the same for my car in the near future.  You may need to do something similar as I have never seen any examples of the original trim available.

Hi  

I will try to get some pictures of my model 68 that is in pieces. I think that the only wood in the body is what's around the rear window.  Its in storage about 15 miles away from my house so it might take a couple days to get there.  

• Like 1

On 5/29/2016 at 11:31 PM, tomsupon1 said:

That would be great Michael and George.  Do you guys have any tips on how to get the nails out of the body metal without messing up the medal?  

Do you have some bad wood that needs to be replaced?  In my case I was able to carefully work a common screwdriver that I ground to a sharp edge under the head of the nails and gently remove each one.  After getting the heads up I then grabbed hold with pliers and pulled the remainder of the nail out.   I experienced no damage to the metal surface at all.

George thanks for taking the time to post the pictures of the rear window trim. I am not that far along with my project but I will definately need to pull these up when I get there. 

Michael yes I have some bad wood that will need to be replaced and I will try your technique for the nails. I first need to remove all the interior trim so I can get a good look at all the wood. I have contacted LeBaron for an interior trim package but Aaron tells me he does not have this model. So I am going to pull it out carefully so he can use it as a template. Is there that much difference between a 40 and 50/60 series interior?

you guys have been a great help already and just wanted to say thank you. I am sure I will need some additional help in later months. Take care

22 hours ago, tomsupon1 said:

George thanks for taking the time to post the pictures of the rear window trim. I am not that far along with my project but I will definately need to pull these up when I get there. 

Michael yes I have some bad wood that will need to be replaced and I will try your technique for the nails. I first need to remove all the interior trim so I can get a good look at all the wood. I have contacted LeBaron for an interior trim package but Aaron tells me he does not have this model. So I am going to pull it out carefully so he can use it as a template. Is there that much difference between a 40 and 50/60 series interior?

you guys have been a great help already and just wanted to say thank you. I am sure I will need some additional help in later months. Take care

There is a member of the forum named Dwight Romberger that you might want to contact.  I believe that he was able to determine that one of the 1931 models was an exact match for the 1930 40 series sedan and LeBaron has a pattern for that.  Not sure which one it was, but I believe Dwight can help you out as he has the same car as yours.

• 1 month later...