oil filter element

thompsbs,<BR>From what I know regarding this, an oil filter for this year car was an optional item. The oil filter which you could have had on the car was called a "pancake" filter. These were round, about the size of a 6" pie plate, and about 3" wide. They had a bracket welded on the back side for mounting on the side of the engine block, with a "T" shaped fitting in the center for the oil lines. If you wish, I can get you a photo of what one looks like, and post it here next week. Unfortunatley these did not open up with a filter inside the case you threw away, they were a sealed unit and the entire unit was thrown away when they needed to be replaced. If you are fortunate enough to find an original "Pancake" filter, most collectors clean them up, block off the oil lines and have them on the car for looks only, then just change the oil more frequently. I was fortunate enough to find one, but discovered it was for a Dictator and I have been looking for some time for one for my 1929 President. The one I did have for the Dictator, I gave to a Dictator owner several months ago.

Thanks for the information. My dictator definitely has an oil filter. I guess it was added later on. It looks very similar to the one on my 1948 ford stake rack. I guess the only way to find a filter element is to open it up and hope for a # on the old element inside.<BR>

When you pull the filter element, measure the length, diameter, hole diameter etc and contact a local Fram distributor. They have the information to get you the correct filter element. I have a Fram catalogue and it shows pictures of the different elements and their diminsions and applications.