Wanted: 26 inch wheels or rims/rings

gossp

I have recently acquired (as in my father gave me) a 1910 Maxwell model G project.  I am still very much so in the starting stages of figuring out what I need, but one thing I know I am in need of is to get the car to my place and out of his way (granted, it is a one city block journey), so I want to start this project with wheels and tires.

The correct rims would be manufactured by Stanweld, this could be Stanwell, we have both only gotten this information through word of mouth. 

If acquiring a full set of four I would be equally interested in firestone/goodyear or anything that gets the old girl riding at the appropriate level.  I've found that getting a set of rims re-wooded is actually pretty reasonable.

Best case scenario for me would be to find whole wheels with good wood.  Rears mount on hubs only, no bolts in the spokes.

I am willing and able to pay a fair price for parts for my new project, and know that new rims and rings are readily available but I have myself and four ladies to keep fed and would like to keep this project on a more prudent budget than the numbers I have seen.

Thanks for looking,

Patrick Goss

Hi- may not be applicable, but I'll throw this out there..have a set of four demountable wheels, no hubs, but wood, rims, hardware, and decent 33 x 4 tires (thus a 25 inch rim).  There's also a spare rim, it's a modified 24" that's had a 3.14" piece added to make it a spare 25".  These were on a running, driving, car, (1911 or 12 Hudson Model 33) so wood is good.

I'll take $700 for all, plus shipping, which would probably be about $100-150 through Fastenal to Indiana.

post-76888-0-19154800-1448138268_thumb.j

post-76888-0-00500700-1448138303_thumb.j

post-76888-0-22313000-1448138354_thumb.j