Great year for '56 Thunderbird

eboose7

post-141481-0-55590000-1447699417_thumb.This has been a great year for my 1956 Thunderbird.  It started with winning a First Junior in Charlotte in April.  Next was a cover photo on the July-August Classic Thunderbird Club International (CTCI) magazine, EarlyBird.  And it concluded with a Best Thunderbird ribbon at the Hilton Head Island Motoring Festival and Concours D'Elegance Car Club Showcase on Saturday, October 31. I restored it with a modest goal in mind.  Although it was a solid car when I purchased it, I wanted a car that looked good but was a driver.  OFI Classic Cars in Woodstock, Georgia exceeded my expectations by producing  what turned out  to be a show winning car.

Edited by eboose7 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

Sounds like an awesome year for you & your Thunderbird ... congratulations!

Cort :) www.oldcarsstronghearts.com

pigValve, paceMaker, cowValve | 1979 Caprice Classic (awaiting new owner)
"I think it's about time you should know" __ Trick Pony __ 'Just What I Do'
Edited by adome (see edit history)

• 9 months later...
Guest Alaina21
On 11/9/2015 at 7:07 PM, eboose7 said:

IMG_8284 (1).JPGThis has been a great year for my 1956 Thunderbird.  It started with winning a First Junior in Charlotte in April.  Next was a cover photo on the July-August Classic Thunderbird Club International (CTCI) magazine, EarlyBird.  And it concluded with a Best Thunderbird ribbon at the Hilton Head Island Motoring Festival and Concours D'Elegance Car Club Showcase on Saturday, October 31. I bought legal steroids from https://legalsteroids.best/ restored it with a modest goal in mind.  Although it was a solid car when I purchased it, I wanted a car that looked good but was a driver.  OFI Classic Cars in Woodstock, Georgia exceeded my expectations by producing  what turned out  to be a show winning car.

Featuring only a few minor styling up-grades, but plenty of new features, the 1956 Thunderbird went on sale in early November 1955. Under the hood, an enlarged V8 engine was optionally available, sporting 312 cubic inches and rated at 215 horses when backed with the manual or overdrive transmissions, or 225hp when the Ford-O-Matic was installed. Also new was the switch to 12-volt negative ground electrics, another improvement that Ford had lagged behind some of the competition with. In the Spring of 1956, a dealer installed dual four-barrel intake option was released, which boosted output to 245 horses.

Edited by Alaina21 (see edit history)

Guest Sharoun
On 3/27/2016 at 1:12 PM, adome said:

Sounds like an awesome year for you & your Thunderbird ... congratulations!

Cort :) www.oldcarsstronghearts.com and

pigValve, paceMaker, cowValve | 1979 Caprice Classic (awaiting new owner)
"I think it's about adele time you should know" __ Trick Pony __ 'Just What I Do'

Hi eboose, for sure your Thunderbird is a thing of beauty. Congrats on a great 2015.

Edited by Sharoun (see edit history)