Another stupid question:

erobinson

I was troubleshooting issues with the dome light circuit, and decided to "READ" the manual.

It alludes to the fact that the cigar lighter device in the 11B may also function as a domelight switch?

I looked in the drawings section, but wasn't able to clarify exactly how the device was supposed to work.

It seems to me, that when the trim ring is fully adjusted to the dash panel, it does not allow for any movement of the push-pull switch.  This seems a little odd.

Can someone clarify what the operation of this bottom switch is supposed to do?

Thanks,
Ed

post-143776-0-18993400-1442871930_thumb.

The knob when pulled out  with the cord extended locks the cord at that length.  As I remember it has nothing to do with the domelight. Have you no switch on the B pillar?  The other function is to have the unit serve as a trouble light  by unscrewing the lighter and replacing it with the lamp unit stored on the bracket up at the firewall.  Do you have the lamp?

Gordon Howard

On my 11B the lighter is on a long reel that winds out and reaches all the way to the back seat so that Uncle Joe could light his cigar. Pulling out the little knob locks the cable. Pushing the knob back in unlocks the cable so that it winds back into the dash. Also, on my car, there is a small bracket on the firewall that holds a trouble light that can be screwed into the cigar lighter and then reeled out to help you see under the hood on a dark and dreary night. Dave