F/S '27 Buick on Craigs -- Sault Ste Marie

Hudsy Wudsy

That's always so very irritating when folks do that. They sell the item, delete the email from Craigslist that contains the link and, as a result, they can't cancel or delete the ad later. I've often seen cases where the seller will run a second ad stating that the item in the first ad is sold. It seems that having only twenty-some thousand miles on it, plus that almost virgin interior, somebody bought a very nice car for a reasonable price. I'm aware, of course, that it may have had condition issues that simply didn't show in those small pics.

I hope that this isn't true, but perhaps, as the populace ages, there simply are less men who have an interest in vehicles that are that old. I've always fiddled with old Victrolas, Edisons and such. In recent years, it's gotten to the point where you can hardly give many of them away. The particularly desirable ones still sell, though. I have wondered on occasion if maybe those folks who might have some fond memory of their Grandparents old phonos are to point in their lives where they no longer have any interest. I suspect that to subsequent generations, such old items are mere curiosities and not things they have a personal interest in. I don't want to get carried away with comparisons here, but it would be sad if interest in '20s car waned for the same reason.