88 parts car red

Guest ekvh

Guest ekvh

I'm moving and the Reatta has to go. I broke a coil spring and never fixed it, a year and half ago. It was a ddriver. Interior is poor, no headliner, seats, carpets, shot. Crt, works, dash works, radio works, brakes work, but take a while to air up after sitting, ac works. Windshield is cracked, front driver's fender has damaged to the front corner, but a LeBra covers it up. One lazy headlight. Antenna doesn't go up or down. Windows work.

Have clear title, I am unsure of actual mileage as I am not home, but think it's at 220 k miles.

Junk dealer will probably give me $400. $600 isn't out of line. Teeves is probably worth $300, crt $150,

Car is located in Karlstad, mn, 56732

I won't check here often, so email to ekvh.21@live.com

You might want to part it out. I just called the local you pick in my area and they are paying $250.00 if you drive it in, $200.00 if they pick it up. You are 10 hours from my house and 5 from Jim so I am not interested. I don't know of anyone else close enough to come for it.

BTW there is a  Reatta I am considering buying. I [and kdirk] get to pick it for the parts I want and they will still come and get it and pay $200.00. That is something you may want to ask about.

I believe with a little work you will come out farther ahead [stripping then junking].

I agree. If you strip the useful commonly needed stuff (CRT, IPC, Teves, etc.) that has resale value and either sell it on ebay or directly to another Reatta owner you stand to make more after doing that and scrapping the shell than by trying to sell it outright as is sits as a parts car. it sounds like you don't have much to salvage from the interior, but if there are any good parts grab and sell them as they contribute nothing tomthe scrap value. The yards are only interested in scrap metal content.

Do be forewarned scrap prices are way down and poised to go lower still. Copper, just today, is in danger of breaching a lower price support that has stood for 15 years. The stage for commodities pricing to tank seems to be set, and with other problems spooking the market (Greece and China's market rout in particular) declines could well get underway any time.

KDirk

Not so very long ago, steel was way up as China was using massive amounts of reclaimed steel in many of their ill-advised infrastructure and ghost town buildouts. That caused a big peak in most major commodity metal prices, not just steel. That is also why theft of copper water and refrigeration lines and condensing units and guttering became so prevalent for a while here because the retail scrap values were "real money" . Now that China has slowed way down on the amount of metals being utlized that has largely rolled back to more normalized values.

I see this first hand in plumbing work, as I take demo'd fixtures and material in for scrap value. It is still "free money" but isn't nearly as lucrative as it was even 2 years ago. There were times back around 2007 where a modest load of scrap was worth more than my regular weekly paycheck. Not anymore of course. Ah, the good old days...

KDirk