#1 sconnors

sconnors

Scott

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 01:49 PM

Hi guys
I'm going to be painting my car this year and am considering painting it the 1950 Buick color Royal Maroon. I'm wondering if anyone has a car that color and if so, can you send me a pic or post one here. My current color is a maroon with some metal flake but I want to get it back to an original 1950 color. According to the color chart at Color Chip Selection the color is DAL-50125-DQE
ROYAL MAROON NO. 2 POLY. So I'm looking for pics if anyone has them please post them here or drop me an email at scottpconnors@yahoo.com
Thanks
Scott

#2 pirate

pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 01:47 PM

before I bought all my 47 buick paint I ordered pints of both calvert blue and I think Hawaii blue both being 47 Buick colors. I sprayed a part of a door with both and asked for family and friend opinions. I got pleanty of opinion then went with what I prefered. It is a good way of actually seeing what the color lookes like.

#3 ewing

ewing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 07:18 PM

what blue did you choose?
Any Pictures?.... I like blue cars!
John, BCA #1271, ALPCA 688
38 McLaughlin 4 Dr Special,Iron Man
47 Roadmaster Conv.
58 Pontiac Parisienne,Canadian version of the Bonneville
67 Coronet 500

#4 Bill Stoneberg

Bill Stoneberg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,915 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 01:06 PM

Royal Maroon is quite pretty. I have seen numerous cars painted this color. I dont have any pictures but buy a quart and paint something with it.
Bill

Chief Financial Officer
Buick Club of America

1950 Buick Super Estate Wagon
1947 4 Door Sedan
1964 Riviera

#5 pirate

pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 01:27 PM

I went with the Hawaii blue and it is coming along nicely. It takes a lot of paint to do a 47 Roadmaster convertible. I bought 2 gallons of base coat and it looks like when I am all done painting I won't have to much left over. I wouls like to post a few pictures of the car but I can't seem to get this computer to load pictures on this forum. Wish I could .
Royal maroon is a very pretty color and I am sure Sconners will like his 50 Buick done in it. PPG paints have a big library of paint color formulars the dealers can access. Royal Maroon is a popular Buick color and I am sure PPG can mix it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users