1931 Packard 833 468 Coupe

Posted (edited)

Thanks guys. Can't believe it has been over 15 years since I did the restoration.

I have parts on it that still needs to be worked on. Bumpers needing  chrome plating, have the leaf springs sitting in the garage waiting for a friend that has a lift and free from work to help me install the springs. Also need to look into the alignment. Front tires have excessive wear on them.

The Packard will be passed down to one if my nephews, that is when the time comes for me to hand over the keys. Hopefully they will keep the legacy going.

Edited by Tom M (see edit history)
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

Good morning
Friend picked up the Packard with his trailer yesterday. We got hit with high winds and a heavy down pour on the the way back to his house. Here he is blowing off the water

20240504_195121.jpg.7b7f759c245490fa4e77ae173c1c27ff.jpg

20240504_195114.jpg.5663e68adb5fd945bb39e82c7111b878.jpg20240504_215744.jpg.f4e480fb27f41d6a70bb43074bda692f.jpg

He will be installing the new leaf springs for me. I will help as much as I can.

I should of taken some more photos.
From the back you can see it sure does lean to the passenger side. Once we got it dried off he raised it up we got under and sure enough the old spring are flat waving etc.

I am going to ask him to take some extra photos for me before disassemble it.

I hope the new springs will straighten out the camber issue on the front. Not sure the mileage since I installed the new tires but the front are really shafered. Going to need to replace them once we get camber, toe-in etc. dialed back in.

Have a great Sunday

Edited by Tom M (see edit history)
  • Like 4