• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 craig hewitt

craig hewitt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 09:23 PM

my son has a 92 Buick regal with the keys in the ignition car is locked has been sitting for months we went to the dealer to get a door key made they said it was to old we have tried to break in to it but haven't had any luck any suggestions its covered in a foot of snow

91 reatta White blue int

91 reatta Black grey int

90 reatta mauie blue int

89 Cadillac Allante pearl burgandy int (With hard top)

89 BMW csi bronzit biege

96 GMC Suburban Green and Gold

93 Tauras biege

91 Olds Tofeo Red and Black int

moped and golf cart

89 reatta parts car (white red int ) let me know if you need parts off this

#2 MauiWowee

MauiWowee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 09:45 PM

I will admit it, this has happened to me more than once. It is another justification for the money I spend for my AAA RV Plus membership. Good luck. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/cool.gif
'91 Coupe Maui blue/blue/black
'94 Regal GS 53K
Posted Image

#3 D-a-n-i-e-l

D-a-n-i-e-l

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,583 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 10:13 PM

what kind of internal locks does it have? And is the battery charged?

If the locks are smooth and the battery is dead then call a lock smith.

If there is any kind of lip on the locks or if the batery is charged and it has push button power locks then I suggest a stiff piece of metal rod (hanger but they are usally a bit flimsy) and wide beveled tool. Pry the top of the door and use the metal rod to actuate the locks. For the metal rod I have found that the metal off of a wire plant holder thing works well. Did you like the holder thing refrence.

I do understand that it might me frustrating but it can be done with a bit of patients.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
SERIES TWO/THREE SUPERCHARGED BOLTED TO A F40 SIX SPEED TRANY AND A LOT BIT OF MOBILE ENTERTAINMENT

#4 F14CRAZY

F14CRAZY

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,209 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 10:23 PM

A non retracting car antenna also works well when trying to break in. I figured it out pretty well when the keys were locked in the convertible but that probably shouldn't be a detailed thread with photos
Philip Croff

'74 LeSabre Luxus convertible (code U 455) '89 coupe, '94 Century wagon, '07 Subaru Forester, '90 white coupe (brother's)

The "GS" will rise again.

#5 nic walker

nic walker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,090 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 12:02 AM

Google "steck manufacturing" and explore their site...I have been using their lock out tools since the early 70's and with great success...

Will probably cost less to get a lock out tool than a lock smith...(maybe even an entire set of tools?) ... just an idea...
"Mark your place among those who want to reward themselves with a remarkable two-seater motorcar of distinction, sensuousness and impeccable road manners - handcrafted in limited numbers, with that most precious commodity: Time."*

*OEM Reatta Bookmark

90 Select Sixty

#6 craig hewitt

craig hewitt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 03:37 AM

went to a local gas station they wanted 50.00 bucks to get in to it called aaa and bought a membership for my wife and i for 63.00 bucks they sent someone out in 15 min frt doors were frozen but he got the back to open up thanks for all your suggestions craig

91 reatta White blue int

91 reatta Black grey int

90 reatta mauie blue int

89 Cadillac Allante pearl burgandy int (With hard top)

89 BMW csi bronzit biege

96 GMC Suburban Green and Gold

93 Tauras biege

91 Olds Tofeo Red and Black int

moped and golf cart

89 reatta parts car (white red int ) let me know if you need parts off this

#7 nic walker

nic walker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,090 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 03:54 AM

All is well that ends Well <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif
"Mark your place among those who want to reward themselves with a remarkable two-seater motorcar of distinction, sensuousness and impeccable road manners - handcrafted in limited numbers, with that most precious commodity: Time."*

*OEM Reatta Bookmark

90 Select Sixty

#8 Jim NotreDame IN

Jim NotreDame IN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 01:36 AM

i ordered a lock cylinder from a gm dealer about a year ago, and they wanted the v.i.n. to match up how to arrange the tumblers inside the lock and cut the key. it was for the trunk though, so who knows... glad you got in. i always have an ignition key hidden in my glovebox and an extra door key inside my wallet. that way i'm never locked out unless i lose my wallet, and then i couldn't pay a locksmith anyway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users