Steering column support bracket

Hi to all here,

I need the circular aluminium bracket that attaches from behind the dash and to which the steering column goes through the supporting ring, and also attaches to the "Hershey steering lock" for 1925 Big 6?

I know that's a mouthful to comprehend, a picture is worth a 1000 words and I dont have the picture, as mine is in as many pieces.

It's a steering column support bracket, attaching from behind the dash and also adjoining to the steering lock mechanism.

Big circular thing that holds everything together.

Hopefully someone can add a pic of what I am trying to describe here.

Many thanks for any input,

regards Roger

Brisbane Australia

• 2 months later...

I took a lot of photos today of my 1925 Standard Six. The steering column is out of the vehicle to easy to take many photos. But, I am unable to post as the new forum dashboard here is not kind to iMac people. The dashboard here will search "My Media" but gives me no control over where to search in my iMac, nor can I simply attach photos. it only offers to link to an URL, which I won't use. What a shame.

http://forums.aaca.org/gallery/album/161-1925-studebaker/

I posted my pics in that gallery album.

Peter

Calgary

Finally figured out that I have to use the "Full Editor" to actually choose pics I will post.  The rest of the pics are in that gallery as linked :) 

post-101605-0-87603400-1435162861_thumb.

Edited by Peter P (see edit history)

Thanks Peter for your efforts here, thats the beast that I was trying to discribe.

Since posting the original message above, I fabricated a new one by gathering enough dimensions from all the broken pieces I had.

It's not exactly the same, but a trained eye would have trouble spotting the difference.

After seeing your pics I realise I also need the back section of the "Hershey switch mechanism". The circular part that has a couple of broken wires attached to it. And the thumb toggle lever assembly/shaft that goes into the mechanism. 

Probably better for me to get a complete "Hershey assembly", do you have a spare for sale ?

Thanks again for your reply here............ Roger

Hi Roger,  I do not have a spare. I recently got a complete steering column that we removed from a '25 or '26 standard six. I suspect that column support did not change between models that year. I can try to take better pics if you wish. 

Pete