1989 Maserati TC vacuum hose help

Guest littleskeet

Guest littleskeet

Can anyone help me out with a compete diagram of where the vacuum hoses go. Mainly to and from the turbocharger and the two vacuum hoses coming out of the firewall next to the steering column.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

thank you

Guest littleskeet

I have that diagram. It does not show the two lines that come out of the firewall. The one that goes from the turbo to the controller connects to what line?

These are the three hoses that I need to get connected right.Thanks

Gary

Guest BobFitz

One of the lines from the firewall is the vacuum source to the A/C control.

The line going to the turbo is actually going to the wastegate. It is connected to a solenoid on the other end.

If it ever quits pouring down rain I can go out and verify the connections on my 8V.

Bob

Guest littleskeet

There are two connection points on the turbo. One is a silver canister the other is down below it. The two lines out of the firewall are different colors. Which ones go where on your car. I appreciate all the information you are providing.

Thanks

Gary Little Skeet

One is a silver canister the other is down below it. Lower hose goes to a tee near the front of the air box. You need a small clamp on this line at the turbo. That fitting is smaller than the other end. I think this is for the blow off valve in airbox.

The two lines out of the firewall are different colors. Black line goes to vac source coming from rear of intake. this one should have a check valve in the line. white goes to heater control valve under air box somewhere.

I just finished installing a the regular Mopar braking system in the car and had to hook these up again!

Guest BobFitz

"I think this is for the blow off valve in airbox."

There is no BOV on a stock TurboII

I still can't get out to the cars- still raining. I am on an island in the middle of a 1 1/2 acre lake. I was going to the store but the motor on the Ark wouldn't start.................

Bob

Guest littleskeet

Sounds like you are having a downpour.

I hooked up the hoses according to your information. When I start the engine, the idle jumps up and down and then a small pop accrues. It sounds like a small backfire.

Thanks for all of your help

gary

Guest BobFitz

Yep, still raining..........

Let's back up here- How did the hoses become disconnected?

How was the engine running before?

Bob

"I think this is for the blow off valve in airbox."

There is no BOV on a stock TurboII

tryingbe

user-offline.png

turbo addict <dl class="userinfo_extra"><dt>Join Date</dt><dd>Dec 2005</dd><dt>Location</dt><dd>Mesa, AZ</dd><dt>Posts

</dt><dd>5,810</dd></dl>

[h=2]Re: BOV; What happens to the various stock chrysler blow off valves over 15psi?[/h] quote_icon.png Originally Posted by 85boostbox viewpost-right.png

A TC came with a metal BOV in the air box and was the only factory T2 car to have one. Little tide bit of info.

Every TC air box I open up I see a stock Dodge plastic BOV in there. Do you have a picture?

This post i\was by Tryingbe. He is on here with another name. It's INSIDE air filter box.

Guest littleskeet

car was running ok. then head gasket went out. a friend helping me replace the gasket , unplugged the hoses without marking them. After installing the new head gasket, I could not figure out where the hoses all hooked up to. Plus he broke a couple of the plastic lines in the process. I just got through re-checking the timing

and it is correct. I will idle a 1000 rpms and then it makes the popping noise every so often.

gary

Guest littleskeet

If it is the BOV going off, maybe I need to reverse the hoses going to the turbo?

If they are on wrong, it would build up pressure and cause the pop, right?

thanks

gary

Guest littleskeet

Found the problem....pressure hose going to turbo had a crack. Car running fine now.

Thank you for your help!

Gary

Guest BobFitz
tryingbe

user-offline.png

turbo addict <dl class="userinfo_extra"><dt>Join Date</dt><dd>Dec 2005</dd><dt>Location</dt><dd>Mesa, AZ</dd><dt>Posts

</dt><dd>5,810</dd></dl>

Re: BOV; What happens to the various stock chrysler blow off valves over 15psi?

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by 85boostbox viewpost-right.png

A TC came with a metal BOV in the air box and was the only factory T2 car to have one. Little tide bit of info.

Every TC air box I open up I see a stock Dodge plastic BOV in there. Do you have a picture?

This post i\was by Tryingbe. He is on here with another name. It's INSIDE air filter box.

You are in fact correct- I was wrong.

I do find it interesting that the factory manual does not show it in any of the illustrations. They must have copied them from the TurboII manual.

Bob

Guest BobFitz
All TII have the blow off valve in the air box to prevent compressor surge. The TI up to 87 did not need a blow off valve.

Well I am confused now. http://www.minimopar.net/perf/turboinfo.html says:

"If you have a Turbo II engine (including the Shelby engines), your engine will not have a BOV installed. To see a significant decrease in inter-shift lag, install a BOV on one of the pressure hoses. See the Blow-Off Valves page for instruction on how to do this.

My 88 Shelby Daytona does not have a BOV.

Bob

That's not my first mistake on these cars unfortunately. I thought all the cars without the suck through system had bovs!

I just had to go open the hood of my 88 TII Daytona and take a peek inside the air box. I'm from the Show Me state after all.

I'm too lazy to look at my 87 Shelby Lancer. Yep, I have one of those too.

Now that I have the brake conversion done on the purty TC, and the turn signal problem fixed on the winter TC, I'm going to finish the 87 Chrysler Lebaron GTS engine and get it sorted out. Then the Shelby Lancer is coming in the garage for a rebuilt engine with hd parts.

Guest littleskeet

OK guys, I have it running, but I can not obtain a constant idle speed and when I drive it, I no longer feel the turbo boost kick in. It runs like a dog. Any ideas??

Thanks

Little Skeet

Guest BobFitz

sS

Hey Skeet, runs like a dog eh? A greyhound? Probably you meant a slow dog ;-) I would suspect ignition timing is off or cam timing is off. What methods did you use to set these?

AJ

Hey- I resemble those remarks............

post-101701-143143008526_thumb.gif

Seriously- T in a vacuum/boost gauge to the AC vacuum control line before the check valve and see if there is any.

Bob

post-101701-143143008547_thumb.jpg

post-101701-14314300855_thumb.jpg

Guest littleskeet

That would be the small black line that comes through the firewall and connects to the intake manifold?

Gary

Guest littleskeet

See the Blow-Off Valves page for instruction on how to do this.

I do not have any thing with a page on how to do any repairs on this car.

What instruction page are you talking about?

Where may I buy a good repair manual that covet the Chrysler Maserati TC? I would like to get one.

It might help me straighten it out.

thanks

gary

Guest BobFitz
See the Blow-Off Valves page for instruction on how to do this.

I do not have any thing with a page on how to do any repairs on this car.

What instruction page are you talking about?

Where may I buy a good repair manual that covet the Chrysler Maserati TC? I would like to get one.

It might help me straighten it out.

thanks

gary

You can get a factory manual on Ebay. I gave $20 (Best Offer) for mine. You want the blue one.

Yes it is the black hard line from/to the firewall.

Bob

Guest littleskeet

I thought that too. So I pulled out the plugs, and turned over the engine with a wrench. Lined the mark on the cam gear to the correct location in line with the cylinder head. After doing this, the top dead center timing mark lined up too. So I believe the cam and crank are in time. Then I warmed up the engine until the cooling fan came on. Unhooked the temperature sensor and set the timing at 12 BTDC. That is what the specs called for.

Skeet

Guest littleskeet

Timing is correct. The problem is I need to know exactly where the hoses connect to. If anyone has a 89 Chrysler Maserati tc, I would appreciate it if they can provide me with this information. The diagram on the firewall is very vague and confusing to me. How many hoses hook up to the pressure outlet fitting on the turbo and where do they go to? How many hoses connect to the wastegate canister and where do they run to?

If I have this info, I might get it to run correctly.

thanks guys!

Guest BobFitz
Timing is correct. The problem is I need to know exactly where the hoses connect to. If anyone has a 89 Chrysler Maserati tc, I would appreciate it if they can provide me with this information. The diagram on the firewall is very vague and confusing to me. How many hoses hook up to the pressure outlet fitting on the turbo and where do they go to? How many hoses connect to the wastegate canister and where do they run to?

If I have this info, I might get it to run correctly.

thanks guys!

If you can take a pic of the hose marked with tape it might be easier for us to figure out. Your nomenclature and what we call things are different.

Bob

Guest littleskeet

I found that a vacuum hose at the intake by the curve in the manifold just down from the throttle body, broke off and was laying underneath the intake hose going to the turbo, plus there was another one laying down there also. Both of these hoses run back to a T connection that is connected to the cruise control vacuum can.

Where do they attach to on your car?

My wife is gone for the day and took the digital camera with her.

Thanks

Skeet

Guest littleskeet

Looking at the diagram you sent me, it shows the turbo. It has two connections. One is at the waste gate ( mine has a silver canister to control the waste gate ) it has the hose connection on it. What hose connects to it and where does it connect to?

The second connection on the turbo says "to speed control".

Is the "speed control" the cruise control vacuum hold canister and is that where the hose needs to be connected to?

thank you for your time and help

Skeet