Cino Motor Car Company

mdh7475

Does anyone know if any cars exist from this manufacturer? I have been doing research on Cincinnati automobile manufacturers during the early years of car manufacturing, and Cino is definitely an interesting story. The recent issue of Hemmings Classic Car has a very good article regarding this company under the Vintage Literature title.

Along with any information relating to the existence of a car, I would be interested in any original literature and/or memorabilia regarding The Cino Motor Car Company.

I found this:

THE HABERER & CO.

Haberer__Co.-Gest_Evans_Summer__Berlin_Sts._small.jpg Cine_On_Munsey_Tour._Haberer_small.jpg

Haberer Plant 1910 "Cino" Ad. "Cino" Postcard

The Haberer & Co. began in 1884 building carriages. It was located in the East End on the block surrounded by Gest, Evans, Summer and Berlin Sts. The first image above shows the plant ca. 1910. By this time the company had converted its facilities into the building car bodies for Ford. The company employed 400 people and was considered the largest commercial body manufacturer in the world. The plant contained 275,000 sq. ft. and produced 150,000 Ford bodies per year. They also still produced carriage wood work and gears.

In 1910 the company experimented with its own automobile called the "Cino", which can be seen in the middle ad above. The 3rd postcard image above shows this car in 1910 running in the Munsey Tour which was 1700 miles long from New York to Washington D. C. thru several eastern states. Production of the Cino did not last long with a flood purportedly being the reason for its demise.

http://www.cincinnativiews.net/transportation.htm

There is a a lot about the "Queen City" that I do not know, notwithstanding having lived there for 25, plus (25 +) years! Glad you found it of interest. I also found buku Cino refs to google books sites that req'd. far more time to search than I wanted to invest.

You are right about that! I am born and raised in Cincinnati, and within the last several years found out that my grandfather worked for Haberers competitor across the street - The Enger Motor Car Company. He worked on Enger's 12 cylinder engine, which puts the year around 1916. I was very lucky to find what is possibly the only known surviving Enger 40, and even luckier was able to purchase it. Hopefully lightning will strike twice and I'll be able to find a Cino 40!!

• 5 months later...

I know that Powel Crosley worked for them for a short period of time. Found that out in my research on his life. Off the top of my head, I don't remember the year (1910 or 1912 sticks in my mind so either in the beginning or the end, but if it is important, I can check for sure).