Heated exterior mirror

raleets

I don't believe it should. The heated mirror is run in parallel with the rear defrost output from the AC programmer module so it should operate independently of the rear defroster as long as the rear defrost function is turned on.

There is a relay output in the ACP that responds to commands from the climate control head (or CRT or hard button on right switch bank in 88/89 models) and the relay is closed when the rear defrost button is pressed. First cycle is for 10 minutes, and then turns off automatically. If rear defrost is turned on again during the same ignition cycle, it remains on for only 5 minutes each subsequent cycle. This relay completes the circuit that supplies power to the rear defroster and the heated mirror.

Ptt- you might consider using conductive epoxy to attach a new male quick connect terminal to the one that is broken. You could then reconnect the vehicle side pigtail and restore functionality of the rear defroster. I'd not recommend trying to solder one on however or the conductive pad may unbond from the glass.

KDirk

Edited by KDirk (see edit history)

Guest my3buicks

They make a kit to re-attach the connector to back window defoggers - I did it on my white convertible and you would never have known and worked perfectly. It was inexpensive - if you do not feel comfortable doing it, any glass replacement company could do it for you.