Photographs of '15 interior?

Guest Al Brass

Guest Al Brass

Hi everyone,

The seats in my '15 CX24 (RHD) roadster were incorrectly done in vinyl to keep costs down some 35 years ago. I am going to have them redone in leather now but I need some photos to go by, showing the design, pleats and such details so that they can be accurately reproduced. They should be the same as a C24 (LHD). Does anybody have an original car or brochures that show more of the seats that the one I have does? Thanks in anticipation.

Regards

Al

Guest chrislibby63

Hi I have been restoring my Buick 1915 C37 (touring model) and just had new upholstery done based on the existing which was in the car. I am certain what was in the car was the original, we found the part id tag under the old upholstery. There are diamond pleats on the seat and straight vertical pleats on the back. That said I have seen restored C36's ( the roadster model) with diamond pleats on both the seat and the back. Buick changed so many things periodically that it is possible they did a fancier pattern for the roadsters (the body also came in blue and black where the touring only came in black). My brochure on the C24 says it also came in a maroon and black two tone it is possible they had the diamond pleats on both seat cushion and back but I can not say for certain. Pictured below is my seat and seatback.

Chris Libby

post-105132-143142883098_thumb.jpg

post-105132-143142883058_thumb.jpg

Guest Al Brass

Thanks for your response guys, you have helped. Chris, what information I have gathered seems to suggest both the cushion and back should be diamond pleated, as per your cushion and the slightly earlier models above of Mark and Rod. There may well be variations with any of them. I will save all your pics and give them to my upholsterer. Chris, could I bother you with some measurements of the pleats etc on the lower cushion please?

Regards

Al

Guest Al Brass

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your offer. The upholsterer is talking a February sometime start so there is some time available.

Regards and thanks again

Al