Need some help with Spark Advance on a 27 Dodge Bro Four Screen

juanatejeda

Need some help on adjusting the Spark Advance.

Once I get the truck started and warmed up, as I start driving it, it seems to miss a little and then, does a little back firing out of the muffler. How do I adjust for this, do I advance or retard the spark and should I make the adjustment slowly, about a 1/4" at a time, or less?

I seem to loose power when I', going up and incline, the higher the incline the worse it is.

Anyone have some ideas?

Thanks

Trial and error. I've learned when my 26 DB Coupe is cold, the spark advance needs to all the way up and the throttle at about 2 o'clock. After it is warm, it doesn't matter wher gnd apart advance is but if I pull it all the way down when I'm idling it will run rough....you can actually feral the car vibrating more. I really can't tell much affect of the advance or the throttle when I'm driving.

Anyway, just keep experimenting under various loads....it gives a good excuse to go driving.

Trial and error. I've learned when my 26 DB Coupe is cold, the spark advance needs to all the way up and the throttle at about 2 o'clock. After it is warm, it doesn't matter wher gnd apart advance is but if I pull it all the way down when I'm idling it will run rough....you can actually feral the car vibrating more. I really can't tell much affect of the advance or the throttle when I'm driving.

Anyway, just keep experimenting under various loads....it gives a good excuse to go driving.

Thanks, that's what I've been doing, every chance I get. I was just hoping that there might be some good info on how it works. So it sounds like bringing th lever all the way down is the "Retard" side. When you push it the opposite way (Up), it will advance the Spark and I should do the adjustments when the engine is warm. Got a Xmas parade coming up and I hate to go down the street back firing all the way.

Thanks for your help.