steering pump removal v6

Guest jojoejo

Guest jojoejo

does any one know how to remove ..ye power steering pump from 1990 t,c .shop manual does not explaine orshow it. V6 engine

does any one know how to remove ..ye power steering pump from 1990 t,c .shop manual does not explaine orshow it. V6 engine

Believe it or not the removal is really easy once you get the car up high enough to work and see what you're doing, if you have air tools, wobble sockets, extensions and a hoist!

If you're going under with jack stands a creeper and limited hand tools you might want to consider having this done at a shop. If you do take it on yourself, get the tallest jack stands you can find and remove the serpentine belt first. Your replacement part will tell you where the bolts are and if your part doesn't come with pully attached borrow or rent what you need.

You best follow suggestion #2 by Digger. This is no easy task and if you have to ask, you will be sorry if you try it yourself.

I'm not being harsh, I have done many as a professional and I despise the task.