1933 Engine Swap

Kened

Recently purchased a 1933 Chevy Master 4 door sedan with a bad engine. I also purchased what I thought was a 1933 engine that came out of a coupe to rebuild. Unfortunately the engines are not the same. The one in the car has a casting number 836915, G 19 3. The one on my barn floor has a casting number 473180, B 23 3. ( different size distributor cap, different engine mounts, different water pump configuration...ect.) Can anyone tell me what I have? Are any parts interchangeable between these two engines?

Casting number 836915 is the correct engine for a 1933 Master. I could not find anything on the casting number for the 1933 Standard engine in my manuals, but the Std had a smaller diameter distributor / cap, and the water pump is rectangular and mounted on the front of cylinder head rather than in the front of the block.

Visit my website at: Bob's Vintage Cars

Vila

1933 Chevrolet Master

1962 Triumph TR4

1984 BMW 633 CSi

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Bo's 30
Recently purchased a 1933 Chevy Master 4 door sedan with a bad engine. I also purchased what I thought was a 1933 engine that came out of a coupe to rebuild. Unfortunately the engines are not the same. The one in the car has a casting number 836915, G 19 3. The one on my barn floor has a casting number 473180, B 23 3. ( different size distributor cap, different engine mounts, different water pump configuration...ect.) Can anyone tell me what I have? Are any parts interchangeable between these two engines?

Chevy did use two motors in 33. The year started with a 206 ci. 65 h.p. motor. Midyear, with the new "Mercury model" a shortened stroke 181 ci. 60 h.p. motor was used. I'm not sure, but I think all other Chevy models came with the 206 thrugh out the year.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Schmitjamie

Well i think i couldn't find anything on the launching number for the 1933 Conventional engine in my guides, but the Std had less sized size supplier / cap, and the water push is rectangle-shaped and installed on the top side of cyndrical tube head rather than in the top side of the prevent. . . . . .

Guest 36chev

The same basic block was used through the 206.9 cubic inch 1936 engines (albeit with water passage changes, etc). The major change was in 1937 with the 216--completely different engine. A friend has 1931 Chevrolet that someone had put a 1936 engine into it. I think it bolted in without modifications. He since has a put in a 1931 engine.

• 1 year later...
Guest graat

Hello to all. I'm looking for an 1933 Master 181cu engine, either complete or the lower half, must be in a good condition.

Also i'm looking for a proper suitcase for on the trunk rack also the emblem on the rack.

Can anybody help me out here ? let me know please.

I'm living in the Netherlands.

best regards

Graat