1930 Buick steering column gears

michaelod

While working on the steering column today from my 1930 Buick model 68, I broke a couple of the small potmetal gears at the bottom of the shaft. These were extremely fragile and broke even though I exercised considerable caution in my attempt to remove them. I superglued them together just for the purposes of photography as I know this will not hold. Please see the photos area for shots of the gears. Does anyone have a set of these gears available or a source for them? I checked at Bob's Automobilia and he does not seem to have them. I would be willing to purchase a complete steering column or just the gears. Thanks for your assistance.

Michael O'Docharty

Wake Forest, NC

post-63406-143138643638_thumb.jpg

post-63406-143138643644_thumb.jpg

John,

Thank you for the link to the gear set at Bob's. I have gone ahead and ordered some. Their search engine at the site leaves a bit to be desired as I was never able to locate the set. After having broken the original set I am relieved to discover that reproductions are available. In light of their construction, it seems there would be a significant demand for replacements.

Thanks again,

John,

Thank you for the link to the gear set at Bob's. I have gone ahead and ordered some. Their search engine at the site leaves a bit to be desired as I was never able to locate the set. After having broken the original set I am relieved to discover that reproductions are available. In light of their construction, it seems there would be a significant demand for replacements.

Thanks again,

I tend to rely on Bob's catalog and send the order direct to his sales email address - the web site seems to have a lot of problems.