Ford Keychain? Help please!

Guest Ghostt

I found this among my grandfathers effects and I don't know if it's of any value. I'm hoping someone here can identify it for me.

It's about an inch and a half long, 1/2-3/4 inch wide and about an inch tall. It is attached to a leather strap with a buckle like a miniature belt. On the key ring it is etched on both sides. "MADE IN ITALY" on one side and "ORD PATENT" on the other. There /may/ be a letter rubbed off before "ORD" which I would assume to be an 'F' but it's unclear (and as obvious as that may seem, I didn't want to just blindly say 'FORD')

It's a gold metal with working axles on front and back and no identifying marks on the car itself.

Any help would be appreciated!

IMG_0702 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I got this one when I was 16 years old in 1968. It has my first car keys for my first 1931 Dodge on it. It had a leatherette hood cover, seat cover and top in the folded back position as yours is. It used to have rhinestone headlight lenses, but is missing one. My sister, Janet gave it to me for my 16th birthday so that I would have a good keychain for my very first car. I can only imagine that it came from the 5 and 10 cent store or Publix Men's store in downtown Royal Oak, Michigan where I grew up. Mine has no letters of any sort on it.

post-37352-143138149783_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143138149788_thumb.jpg

Guest simplyconnected

Sure would help to see a picture, Ghostt. Does the car look like a Panterra? Ford had other ventures in Italy, too.

Keiser31, I was going to run down to Publix to see if they had any more, but so much of downtown RO has changed from the days of Neisner's, MWard, Sander's, Wayne Oakland, Brown's Creamery, Ace Wilson's, Hilzinger's, Klebba's, Daily Trib., all gone. Dondero is now RO Jr High, and Kimball is now RO High (home of the Raven's). - Dave