What does this PUROLATOR oil filter go to??

keiser31

I have had this item for a while and through all of my knowledge and research I have not been able to figure out what this PUROLATOR oil filter goes to. It says "PUROLATOR PATS.PEND. SPACING .003" on one end. It's about 7 1/2" long x 3 1/8" in diameter with about a 1" opening at one end and a 9/16" opening at the other end. The closest looking thing I have found was on an Adams-Farwell style motor buggy. John

post-37352-143137995884_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Bob Kerr

Sure looks like an early one for Farmall / McCormick-Deering Tractors. They used the first type Purolator filter which was a felt covered spring in 29 and a few years later went to the metal washable type and many of the felt type were replaced with the metal ones. I have one on my shelf right behind me.

Guest Bob Kerr

I don't have the camera figured out yet, working with a brand new set up. The filter I have looks exactly like the one you have, but is not as clean. I should double check the measurements on mine and will as soon as I can find the tape measure around here. (clutter is my friend and my worst nightmare!)