threaded suspension bushings

Guest tigermoth

Guest imported_tigermoth

i am looking for two threaded steel suspension bushings. 1" O.D. 25/32" I.D. 1 7/8" length. it threads on a 5/8" O.D. pin, right hand thread. this is the front bushing on the rear springs of a '35 terraplane. hollanders says the same bushing was used on studebaker suspensions as well. Kanter was no help, rare parts no help, northwest auto parts no help. thanks, tom

Guest imported_tigermoth

hello, does any one have any leads on threaded bushings? any help would be appreciated. thank you. tom

Guest imported_tigermoth

no luck with pease. anyone have any other ideas? i have called french lake auto parts, Sammy at northwestern auto parts grand rapids, A and D in ohio...any others? thank you. sincerely, tom

Tom,

Are these similar to the "U" shackles and bushes used on 1934/35 Series 40 Buicks?

I'm currently restoring a 34 Buick and have bought about three or four sets from vendors on eBay after being assured they were the right ones. Unfortunately only the last pair were correct so I have a couple of pairs of unidentified shackles and bushes.

One pair are manufactured by PM ( same manufacturer as the Buick ones ) and both shackles are stamped in the corner with the number 28.The bushings are 2 1/8" long, 1" OD and screw onto the shackle which has a 3/4" O.D.

I can send you some photos if you think these are close to what you are looking for.

Guest imported_tigermoth

stuart, let me check hollanders. i don't remember the '34-'35 buick as being on the interchange list, but i will look. the I.D on the ones i need are 25/32" are your bushings right hand thread? let me check hollanders. tom

Guest imported_tigermoth

stuart, my e-address is n82mk at aol dot com i had thought the pin was 5/8" O.D. but with a 25/32" I.D. the pin probably is 3/4" how many threads per inch? i need 10...(ok..it might be 11) threads per inch. thank you stuart. sinceely, tom