1919 Dodge 4 door roadster

I just won a 1919 Dodge 4 door roadster in a raffle and want to find out its value. It is in very good condition visually and mechanically. Anybody have any idea how to find out this information.

Old Car Price Guides are about $5 at magazine stands. usually a raffle car would be about a #3 condition which is $6800, but a #2 is $11,900. A #2 is what most people think a #1 is but the car will not hold up the the judging at a major show. My son wants one of these and has a very nice 48,000 original miles 1950 Chevrolet Styleline 2 door that he would trade for a good Dodge Brothers of this vintage. His car has new paint and chrome bumpers, but is otherwise unrestored. I use to have a 1920 Dodge that he learned to drive old cars on and now he wants one for his own.

Sincerely,

Joe Goss gossjh@insightbb.com goosp@purdue.edu

There is no 4-door roadster so it's probably a 4-door touring car. The price guides are a bit low for actual selling prices lately. Check some of the ads posted for the Dodge Brothers Club.

Editor, DBC News

Hello sir,

I just recieved the the email with news of your new dodge. I've been looking at dodges of that vintage with dreamy eyes for several years now as it is acactly what I want in a car to tour. I would be more than happy to help you figure out an approximate value for it, and having been looking at all of them I can find for sale I think I could be of help. I have a feeling that if it is anything like the one I learned to drive on you will be keeping it (Four cylander dodges are more addictive than crack), but it is always good to know the value of what you are behind the wheel of. If you send me pictures and a detailed discription of what cannot be seen in the pictures, I would be happy to help. Price guides are an alright indicator, but not overly accurate and up to date with the market.

Respectfully,

Patrick Goss

gossp@purdue.edu

I get a lot of junk mail, so be sure and have dodge in the subject or I might delete it without reading. thank you.